Tuesday 17 September 2013

Chocolate Chip Scones

I have to start this entry off by saying that I have never really been a big fan of most scones. That's probably not the best way to sell this to you all, but in order for a scone to really be outstanding, it has to be special. Normally when I buy scones, they are too dense, too dry, lacking flavour or not sweet enough to really satisfy. It is very rare that you get a scone that has the right density, isn't too dry and is a satisfying snack. The scones from Cobb's Bakery are the only ones that I have ever had in my entire life that embodied what a amazing and delicious scone should be! And until now, I have never really been able to find a recipe to a proper scone! This recipe, I must say, is the real deal! They are the best I have been able to make and the best I've eaten in a long time! I hope you guys give it a shot because I can pretty much guarantee that it will not disappoint!

Ingredients:

3/4 cup cold buttermilk
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 tbsp cold butter
3/4 cup chocolate chips (dark is my fav)
Recipe makes about 10 small to medium sized scones


Directions:

Heat oven to 375ºF.
Combine the buttermilk, sugar, vanilla and egg in a medium mixing bowl and stir until combined.



Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray or use a baking mat. Combine the baking powder and salt in a large bowl and stir with a whisk. Cut in the chilled butter with two knives as best as possible until mixed. Gently fold in the chocolate chips.



Add the milk mixture and stir until just combined.





Take a small handful and shape into a ball and place on the cookie sheet.



Bake until for about 10-15 minutes or until golden.



Cut open when warm and spread on some butter! You will not be disappointed!



Recipe adapted here from SkinnyTaste.com

No comments:

Post a Comment