Thursday 28 March 2013

The Sluttiest Brownies You'll Ever Eat!

They are called Slutty Brownies... Do I really have to say anything else? 

My husband Kevin, found a recipe a few months ago and has been bugging me to help him make it. He is not the most graceful in the kitchen so he depends on me to help him out a lot of the time. I, on the other hand, prefer he tries it first himself as I have always believed that that is the best way to learn! Well, one day my prayers were answered and Kev decided he had had enough and needed some sluts, stat... Slutty Brownies that is. 


I was there for moral support... and also acting as paparazzi and I could not be more proud of the great job he did!!!!



The components


Ingredients:

1 Box of Betty Crocker cookie mix,
1 Box of Betty Crocker brownie mix,
2 Eggs,
1 Pack of double stuffed Oreos (or regular if you prefer)
Oil



Directions:

Preheat your oven to 350°F, and line a baking tray with parchment paper. We used a square 9x9 pan. 
Follow the instructions on the cookie mix box and stir until mixed. The original recipe recommends that you add a little extra water and oil to what they suggest, as you will need to bake it longer than they say, and you still want it to be moist and delicious. An extra teaspoon of each worked perfectly for us.  



Once mixed, line the bottom of your pan with the dough. It will be super sticky so I would suggest wetting your hands to pat it down or using some wax paper to even it out. 




Now you can add the Oreos to the top of the cookie dough. Drool...







You can go ahead and prepare the brownie mix as directed on the box and pour it over the Oreos. I KNOW! IT'S INSANE!












The original recipe says to bake it for 30 mins but ours wasn't even close to being done. The cookie dough was cooked perfectly, the Oreos where heavenly, but the brownie mix was still raw. I know this goes against all baking rules, but I turned the oven on broil 350°for another 5 or 6 minutes until it browned the top. We took it out and tested it and it was perfect. You have to keep a really close eye on it while broiling as it can go from perfect to burnt in a matter of seconds. 




Remove from the pan and let it cool. Cut them up and enjoy!




They may not be pretty, they may not be healthy, but they sure are slutty delicious! It was fun baking with my Kev and the brownies were gone in a flash.  




Enjoy and Happy Baking! 


Original recipe can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment