Wednesday 4 September 2013

Positivity



The last word I would use to describe myself is positive.

I wouldn't go as far as to say that I am negative, but I would say that I am a realist. I always look at a situation and try to see the best case, worst case, and what will probably end up happening, and I must say that I am usually pretty correct in my assumptions. (Some may not agree...cough cough... My husband... cough)

Although, I have recently started thinking more and more about that. Am I right because I evaluated the situation properly and that I took all the aspects of it into consideration? Or is it because I have willed it to happen because I spend time thinking and putting the energy into it? If the ladder is in fact the case, maybe if I start thinking more positively, perhaps I could bring that sense of positivity into my life? It kind of makes sense right?

We have all been there... slept in, no makeup, bad hair day, forgot your lunch on the kitchen table, got stuck in traffic, tried not to punch a coworker in the throat because they said you didn't look so good, kinda day. Do we have those days just because it started off wrong and that is just the mindset we had? The fact that you slept in just ruined the whole routine and you couldn't really get yourself back on track. This being the case, could it in turn bring bad energy and because you thought you were gonna have a crap day, you actually ended up willing it to happen? Is that a possible explanation? If so, I need to go back about 15 years and rewind so I can do it all over again!

I am the Queen of willing things to happen in my own life. If I think about getting sick and how badly I don't want to, I end up getting sick. If I wake up on Monday and think the week is going to be horrible and long, guess what? It ends up being horrible and long! I may be doing it all to myself! For such a simple concept, why is it so difficult to implement a change? It is just our nature to dread some of these things? If so, it has to be possible to change to way we think. It might not be easy to do, but I think it is vital in living a healthy, happy and fulfilled life.

It's possible to change! Trees do it every Fall and Spring

I have spent a lot of time in the last month thinking about this and how things can really change just by altering my perspective. I started spending about 15 minutes a day just by myself, relaxing, and trying to eliminate all my negative thoughts (and there are a lot unfortunately). I just focus on my breathing and try to imagine all the bad thoughts, fears, and anxieties just leaving as I breath out. It is a very simple exercise, but I do feel a little lighter afterwards. It is obviously not a cure all, as I still find myself still getting anxious and stressed, but I am actively taking the steps of letting it go. I'm sure that it is going to be a life long challenge but I am willing to do it for the sake of myself and my family. I deserve to be the best me that I can, and my family deserves it too. If I can imagine all the wonderful things that I wish for myself coming true, maybe I can reverse the doom that I have plagued over myself for so long. Maybe I can start living the life I have always thought was impossible!



Are you going through something similar, and if so, how do you deal? I would love to hear other tricks and techniques for making some really healthy and positive changes!

No comments:

Post a Comment