Tuesday 13 January 2015

Cheap and Easy Stainless Steel Cleaner

So I just found out about the most amazing stainless steel hack!

Pretty much all my small appliances are made of stainless steel. My toaster, my crock pot, my kettle, my bread maker and my dishwasher. They all said that they were fingerprint proof but I have my doubts about that!

Although I try my best to keep a very clean home, things can get a little messy sometimes, especially in the kitchen! The worst are those unsightly finger smudges and drips that can be found on those everyday appliances. I have tried everything to get nice smudge free stainless steel but nothing really seemed to work, and I didn't want to spend money on chemical cleaners. I tired a few different things but nothing worked very well.

One day I was on Pinterest and one pin led to another to another (you know how it goes) and I saw someone post a comment on a blog about cleaning stainless steel. I apologize but I can't for the life of me find it to link back on here, but it was from a janitor of an office building. He said that he tried everything to get the stainless steel elevator doors clean and the only thing that worked for him was WD-40.

What?

Almost everyone has WD-40 in their home and I don't think I am alone in thinking that it would be the last thing I ever would have thought to put on stainless steel but I was willing to give it a shot! It seemed so easy that there was no way it would work. Spray it on, and wipe it off... That's it? It wouldn't last forever and you would have to reapply every few weeks but I was ok with that! I ran out to the garage and gave it a shot. The results are in:



I was sold! So I went around my whole kitchen cleaning everything that even had just a hint of stainless steel! It may smell like fish oil in there but at least it's sparkling! (The smell does subside rather quickly so don't let that deter you).

Happy cleaning!

Ter-

No comments:

Post a Comment