Sunday 19 January 2014

Oscars 2014

Yes, it is that time of year again where I am scrambling around every weekend trying to see all the movies that are nominated for the Oscars! 





January in Canada is a tough time of year for a lot of people. The holidays are over and there is little to look forward to until the spring. I myself, enjoy the winter, but I find a lot of my friends and family just want the cold temperatures, ice, snow, salt and windchill warnings to vanish until next Christmas. Because we still have a long way to go before we will likely see the grass in our yards again, I find that throwing this award show in here is just something little to look forward to!

We get our ballots printed and ready, have a few drinks, snacks, and laughs and prepare ourself for a mighty competition! My Mom and I were the champions at last years Oscar party, and I hope to keep the trophy for another year!

You can play along by printing out the ballot here, and please let me know how you do! Here are just a few of the most exciting categories to get you thinkin'. 





Best picture

Director
Alfonso CuarĂ³n, "Gravity," Steve McQueen, "12 Years a Slave," Alexander Payne, "Nebraska," David O. Russell, "American Hustle," Martin Scorsese, "The Wolf of Wall Street."

Lead actor
Christian Bale, "American Hustle"; Bruce Dern, "Nebraska"; Chiwetel Ejiofor, "12 Years a Slave"; Matthew McConaughey, "Dallas Buyers Club"; Leonardo DiCaprio, "The Wolf of Wall Street."

Lead actress
Amy Adams, "American Hustle"; Cate Blanchett"Blue Jasmine"; Judi Dench, "Philomena"; Meryl Streep"August: Osage County"Sandra Bullock, "Gravity."

Supporting actor
Barkhad Abdi, “Captain Phillips”; Bradley Cooper, “American Hustle”; Michael Fassbender, “12 Years a Slave”; Jonah Hill, “The Wolf of Wall Street”; Jared Leto, “Dallas Buyers Club.”

Supporting actress
Sally Hawkins, “Blue Jasmine”; Jennifer Lawrence, “American Hustle”; Lupita Nyong’o, “12 Years a Slave”; Julia Roberts, “August: Osage County”; June Squibb, “Nebraska.”




So instead of just watching the Oscars this year, play along! Believe me! It makes it soo much more fun! We will see you Sunday, March 2nd for the party! Now, if you will excuse me, I HAVE SO MANY MOVIES TO CATCH UP ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment