Sunday 2 December 2012

An Exciting Week For Last Key Creations!

Guess what!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Last Key Creations has received its first two orders last week!

That really is a pretty great accomplishment considering I haven't added anything to my Etsy store yet! I have been working hard on coming up with good concepts and creating a substantial inventory and I had made a promise to myself that I would get all these things in order before I started stocking my store. There are a lot of things to consider when starting up a business and I think that is the reason I have so much hesitation in getting things online and ready to sell. I am so afraid of doing something wrong that I want to make sure all my bases are covered before I make any big moves! However, we are getting there! I am feeling really good about everything that I have been working on, and can't wait to get started!

The only thing about being as cautious as I have been, is containing my excitement about what I'm working on. I can't help but talk about it with close friends and family and my excitement must have been spreading! I was working on some Christmas card designs and I had a few friends get really interested! As soon as I showed a few people some designs, I got two great orders right away! There is nothing like a couple orders to give me a little confidence to keep it all moving forward and and keep working toward my goal!

Here is a little sneak peak!


This was one of my favourite designs, so when a close friend and colleague of mine picked it right away I wasn't surprised! It is hard to tell in the picture but I added a little snow-like glitter to the hanging ornaments. I knew my coworker didn't want anything too flashy, but I did want to add a little something to make the card "pop" so I made it as subtle as possible. I was really happy with how it came out and was told that she had received many compliments on the cards as well. Nothing like that bit of news to make me feel even better!  


There is nothing worse than hand writing 100 Christmas cards! I wanted to make it as easy as possible so I asked both of the clients to supply me with any writing they wanted on the inside of the card. This way all they had to do was seal the envelope, write the address and pop it in the mail. 


This was the second card that was ordered. There really is nothing cuter than two sweet little penguins frolicking through the snow! This design matched with a nice Christmas red envelope really does the trick! 


I don't know anyone out there who doesn't appreciate getting a gift! That's why I chose to package my cards together like the above image. I stamped a "Thank You" on the tag because I am always so appreciative of people liking any of my crafts and creations! I added my signature little key, and wrapped the cards in kraft paper with some twine. I know that I would love getting this in the mail! 


The back of each card has my logo stamped on, and for now, my blog. Once I get my Etsy store up and running, it will have the address on there as well. I added in a business card and delivered my packages like a little Christmas Elf! I feel like I did spread a little joy, if not just for myself! 

It really is the best feeling in the world to have people enjoy and appreciate a creation. I could sit at home and craft all day and enjoy the rest of my days, but when you get people who become passionate themselves about your creations, when people want to share them with you and with others, its the most rewarding thing I could ask for. I really hope this is just the beginning.... 

Merry Christmas, and hopefully one day, I can deliver a Last Key Creation to you! 

3 comments:

  1. I love the penguin card!! So cute! Great job Teri!! I'm also working on getting an Etsy store open, can't wait!

    Cheers,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley! That's so exciting that you want to open an Etsy store as well! I can't wait to buy your cute little owl ornaments! I saw them on Facebook and LOVED them!

      Delete
  2. Love your cards Teri and the extra special touches really add to the cards! Thank you, can't wait to order more cards. Lt

    ReplyDelete